Friday, October 14, 2011

Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Brownies


Fall is my absolute favorite season. I love getting to sip on pumpkin lattes, bundle up in my favorite sweaters and walk around in boots. Whether by lighting scented candles, or baking  fall treats, my house is always full of the aromas of my favorite fall scents that seem to warm your soul.

From: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar

I specifically signed up for "snack duty" for one of my graduate classes in October because I knew I would be aching to bake around this time. (Yes - we bring snack to our three hour, sometimes back to back, evening classes.) After flipping through all of my cook books for days, we decided that Pumpkin Pie Brownies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar would be the best to share with my classmates. They are unique, which I love, and they've got chocolate for those chocoholics I know, and a pumpkin pie topping that reminds us fall is here (- in Southern California, it's sometimes hard to tell.)

Ginger, allspice, cinnamon, and vegan gluten-free chocolate chips 


A friend in my class is gluten-free, so we adapted the recipe to accommodate her needs. This was the first gluten-free baked good I've made from scratch, and I was pretty stoked to see how it would go. We simply used Gluten- Free All Purpose Baking Flour, and used Tapioca Flour instead of Corn Starch for the pumpkin pie topping. 





These brownies are totally genius. They're moist, delicious, and full of flavors thanks to the pumpkin pie topping. If you want to make these, I guess you're going to have to go buy Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's fabulous little cookbook (Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar). It is definitely proof that vegans do not survive off of rabbit food. If you're close by and want to borrow it, let me know.


XO - T

No comments:

Post a Comment